Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday







Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey has invited us to join her and list of five things for which we are thankful.


1) I am thankful for our Heavenly Father who" leans his ear" (from Psalms) toward us to hear our prayers and requests. I think he might have a crook in his neck from leaning down to hear our prayers during this last week:) Our new little grandson, Elijah was born with fluid in his lungs and had to spend a day and a half in the NICU. Thank you Lord for loving us and hearing our prayers...and that Eli is now home with his family and doing well...

2) I am thankful for all the friends and family who were praying for little Eli and his mommy and daddy. It's a wonderful blessing to be able to put out the word for needed prayer and know that people are praying in unison for a need! Thank you Lord for those who know you and talk to you every day...

3) I am thankful for the wonderful time we had together on Thanksgiving Day. Thank you Lord for sweet fellowship within our family and that you are the center of that love and closeness...

4) I am thankful for the success that our son Jonathan is having with his college classes this semester. He has done very well on some crucial tests in his major subjects in the past few weeks. Thank you Lord for being with Jonathan in his busy school and work schedules...

5) I am thankful that I got (and a ride with Tim and Brooke:) to go see little Elijah for the first time on Tuesday. He slept through our visit, but that's ok:) Thank your Lord for the blessing to go see this precious new little one in our family...

9 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Very happy you're getting to go see your new little grandson!!!

Deb said...

Praising God with you for a precious, new little grandson!!!
Blessings!
Deb

Yolanda said...

What a special blessing, a newborn...new life.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Precious little guy! What a joy! Sweet post about those awesome blessings and your thankfulness.

pinkyshelo said...

amen for your beautiful Thankful list.. Congrats on your new family member Elijah!! Such a cute baby.. God bless your family more..

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! Love the pictures of all your grandbabies!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Usborne has lots of great titles for babies and toddlers. Wish I had known about Usborne when my kids were little!

Elena said...

That is so awesome that you were able to hold your new little one in your arms! I am so thankful that he is doing well. I loved reading your list. It was so encouraging! Have a blessed day dear friend! Hugs, Elena

BECKY said...

Hello my friend, I have missed you so! I am stealing my daughter's laptop so I can do a little visiting. Wish I had an IT expert relative! 'Puter is still acting up! Waaahhhhh!! I have so much I want to share, and can't yet!! Oh well, it will be fixed soon!

Love your thankful list...mine would look very similar!
I'm so glad you got to see your little honey even if he was sleeping! He sure is blessed with a great grammy!!

Have a lovely weekend Linda, and know that you bring joy to my heart!
HUGS,
Becky

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Congrats on your new grandson, Linda. So thankful he is ok now.

Hope you had a good weekend!