Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook is the gracious host here.
For Today... December 14, 2009
Outside my window...About 30 degrees, cloudy, snow covered from our 16.8 inch blizzard last week. Overnight we got a coating of freezing rain over it all and they were saying on the radio earlier that driving and walking is treacherous out there. This gal is staying in today! So glad that Amanda's final is not until 5:00 this evening..
I am thinking...that a week from today Ben, Lisa and little Sophia will be here for lunch and I get to spend some time with that precious little granddaughter! - oh and Ben and Lisa, of course- Can't wait:)
I am thankful for... this time of year when Christmas brings to the limelight God's love for us in sending his Son, so we could go live with Him in eternity. And also the wonderful family gatherings that bind families together and make memories that last a lifetime. .
From the kitchen... I am smelling the Dunkin Donuts coffee ( my favorite) that Amanda ground and brewed for us.
I am wearing...still in my jammies.
I am hoping...and praying for good weather and safe travel as Ben and Lisa drive from Pittsburgh (9-10 hr. trip) next weekend. They get to stay almost 2 weeks!
I am hearing...Amanda playing guitar from the living room. She's taking a break from studying for finals.
I am remembering...our son, Tim's birthday over the weekend. He turned 25. What an exciting year it has been for him- marrying the love of his life, Brooke.
I am praying...safe travel for all who are traveling on the slick roads today.
Around the house...Still decorating the house, starting some baking and any do-ahead projects that I can do.
On my mind...Amanda and Jonathan as they start their final exams and work on papers due for the end of the semester. Then so happy that they have almost a month off to recoup before next semester. And do you know that next semester is call Spring semester?!! Yay!:)
One of my favorite things... Christmas ornaments made by children and the sweet memories as they are put on the tree each year:)
A few plans for the rest of the week...getting ready for Christmas and all that goes with it!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...*
This what our back yard looked like after 16.8 inches of snow fell overnight last Tuesday and into Wednesday morning. We were literally snowed in all day. The snow plows got to our street around 8:00pm.
This was a very heavy snow. And yes, it was very gray outside that day.
These are days we are thankful for a snow blower.
Everything was closed on Wednesday including many businesses and all non-essential government offices. The University of Wisconsin in Madison canceled classes for the first time in 19 years. You might have seen it on the national news of the 3000 student snowball fight that day- and kids using lunch trays as shields and for sliding down Baskom hill. Here is a link to our local news about it:)
With all the snow coming in across the Midwest in the next couple of days- I thought I'd share some snowman funnies with you:) Our forecast includes 9-12 inches by Wednesday evening with blowing and drifting and possible white-out conditions. So please be careful out there- or if you can, just stay home and have some hot cocoa.
Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey has invited us to join her and list of five things for which we are thankful.
1) I am thankful for our Heavenly Father who" leans his ear" (from Psalms) toward us to hear our prayers and requests. I think he might have a crook in his neck from leaning down to hear our prayers during this last week:) Our new little grandson, Elijah was born with fluid in his lungs and had to spend a day and a half in the NICU. Thank you Lord for loving us and hearing our prayers...and that Eli is now home with his family and doing well...
2) I am thankful for all the friends and family who were praying for little Eli and his mommy and daddy. It's a wonderful blessing to be able to put out the word for needed prayer and know that people are praying in unison for a need! Thank you Lord for those who know you and talk to you every day...
3) I am thankful for the wonderful time we had together on Thanksgiving Day. Thank you Lord for sweet fellowship within our family and that you are the center of that love and closeness...
4) I am thankful for the success that our son Jonathan is having with his college classes this semester. He has done very well on some crucial tests in his major subjects in the past few weeks. Thank you Lord for being with Jonathan in his busy school and work schedules...
5) I am thankful that I got (and a ride with Tim and Brooke:) to go see little Elijah for the first time on Tuesday. He slept through our visit, but that's ok:) Thank your Lord for the blessing to go see this precious new little one in our family...
New season of my life. This is me holding Sam, our first grandchild back in Oct. 2007. "When a child is born, so are grandmothers." ~Judith Levy
So glad you stopped by. I am a Christian wife married to a wonderful husband. Mom of six--- and Grammy Sam, Sophia, Eli, Hazel, Emmett and Audrey! We have four married sons, four wonderful daughters-in-love, our youngest son, who just graduated from college, and our daughter who is in college. I enjoy sharing life experiences, recipes, good books, crafts, photos and homekeeping ideas. Just like in nature, our lives move in seasons and I look forward to sharing experiences and hearing about what is going on in your season of life. Come on in, kick off your shoes and sit for a while. You are always welcome here.