Monday, March 15, 2010

Look Who's Talking, Smiling, Walking, Having a Birthday

You know that with children or grandchildren, they are always doing something new as they are growing and learning...

Smiling...
Eli is smiling ALOT these days. He is already over 3 months old and his mommy and daddy report that he is such a happy baby. He is easy-going, sleeps through the night sometimes and is now sharing a bedroom with his big brother.

I can't wait to hold him again and be on the receiving end of those beautiful smiles!:)
Grammy loves you, yes I do...


Talking...
Sam is busy with so many things, and recently discovered his belly button! We all love hearing him talk and play, and give his little brother hugs and kisses. One of the new things that he says is not just "I love you' but "I love you so much". (Grammy's heart melting here...:) Jess said recently that they make each other laugh...precious. (sigh:)

No, Sam's feet aren't having a growth spurt! He loves wearing his mommy and daddy's shoes around the house. He puts them on and "goes" somewhere and then "comes back home" So cute:)


Jess made these sweet guitar jammies for Sam. (she is very creative:) Sam just loves music and guitars. He also know many songs by heart...isn't that a funny phrase when you think about it?...memorizing by heart. Daniel and Jess have sung to him since he was a baby, lullabies and also children's church songs. Amanda babysat for Sam and Eli last Saturday and she told me that Sam can sing "O Holy Night"and that she was trying to keep with him:)

Of course, learning electronics is a part of growing up now! And a must for emailing Grammy one of these days:)
I love you Sam!



And look who's saying some words now AND is having her FIRST BIRTHDAY on Friday!
I am lovin' her pigtails:)
Sophia!!

What a beautiful smile:)

Sophie is on her way to walking...



Sophie's birthday celebration is going to be this Saturday in Pittsburgh. We can't do a trip now, but believe me, we will be celebrating also from here!:) Her mommy and daddy are also dedicating Sophie to the Lord on Sunday at church...what a wonderful weekend.




And look who shares their birthdays this week! Yes, Sophia was born on Amanda's birthday last year- what a blessing they both are!!
Happy Birthday Girls-- We love you!!

photos by Lisa C and Jess C.

8 comments:

Carol said...

You have a sweet bunch of grandkids! Cute, cute, cute!

Smiles,
Carol

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Those kids are so cute, Linda. I can't imagine how much you must miss them when you aren't around them.

Lois Christensen said...

These pictures are so adorable!!! Love, love Sophia!!! What a beauty!

MOMSWEB said...

Awwww...I'm so happy I dropped by tonight! Precious pictures that made me smile. I know you're a proud grandmother!

Elena said...

Your grandchildren are just so cute. Their sweetness just shines through their pictures! They make your heart smile to see them smile. You truly are blessed with a quiver full and are passing on such a blessed heritage to them! Hugs, Elena

Anonymous said...

What happy grandchildren you have! Their pictures are priceless. Happy Birthday to both the girls this weekend!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

How very dear are each of those little ones! I can't help but smile as I view each photo you posted because I just know how filled with love your heat is for each child. Sharing your joy! ldh

BECKY said...

Oh JOY OF JOYS, Linda!! How can they be so big?? And Sophia??? Oh my!! Those piggies are too too cute! This had my eyes tearing up! I could just feel your joy, sweet friend!! What a wonderful gift these grandies we get to invest in!! Tell Amanda Happy Birthday for me, ok? She is a beauty, too! I bet she got such a kick out of Sophia being born on her birthday!! Maddy and Emily's birthdays are one day apart!!

Love you, sweetie! Have a great week!
Becky