Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook- August 31,2009

Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook is on a well-deserved summer vacation. Ladies who want to join in a "summer daybook" can still link up here.





For Today... August 31, 2009

Outside my window..It's a beautiful sunny day! We've had some much needed rain lately, so it's nice to see the sun. Yesterday's high temp was 67 degrees. It has been feeling like fall around here...

I am thinking... I can't believe that is the last day of August.

I am thankful for...wow- for all the talented, caring, blogging, godly women out there who enrich and bless my life every day! Thank you for directing our hearts to glorify God, for giving a us a new recipe for our families, for being real when it comes to everyday life, for showing us a thrifty way to shop for our pantries and for home decor... I could go on and on. What a great community of women!

From the kitchen... need to grocery shop... don't know if that will get done today- might have to get creative for supper tonight. Also the apples on our tree are mostly red now- maybe an apple pie this week??!!

I am wearing... My usual morning uniform--pj's. And I also grabbed my daughter's robe and have it on backwards (like a Snuggie on TV:) to keep my arms warm! Yes, I am a lovely sight to behold:)

I am hoping... to get all the preparations ready for our trip to Illinois on Friday for my sister's wedding on Saturday. I am so happy for her and her great hubby-to-be!

I am hearing..The tv in the next room, morning traffic, birds chirping. I enjoyed watching a hummingbird at our feeder yesterday-- they are amazing!:)

I am praying...for a safe 6 hour trip to Illinois for everyone traveling to my sister's wedding. Yes! We have another family wedding - what a blessing!

Around the house... hmmm... wondering if rearranging the living room is a good idea??

One of my favorite things...tapioca pudding- yum.

A few plans for the rest of the week...usual chores, packing for the trip.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...*

This is Tim and Brooke doing their "happy dance" back down the aisle after being pronounced husband and wife!
This photo by Patricia Espedal who brought me a cd of her pics of the wedding. More to come... :)

5 comments:

Jhona O. said...

I enjoyed reading you daybook today too! Thanks for visiting my blog:) Have a beautiful Monday!

Carol said...

Great Daybook post! The tapioca pudding sounds so yummy!

Blessings & Hugs,
Carol

Elena said...

I loved the wedding picture! How cool to dance. I had thougt at one time that I would like folk dancing at my wedding but it didn't come together for me, but I always love to see special dances at weddings. I look forward to seeing more pictures of the wedding. I hope you have a safe and fun trip to Illinois my dear friend. Hugs, Elena

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day today! It certainly feels like fall already with the sunlight disappearing so early in the evening. It looks like Tim and Brooke had a beautiful, happy wedding. Have safe travels to your sister's wedding this weekend. Lots of weddings in your family! :)

Kathy said...

What a lovely daybook! I have enjoyed "dipping in" again...

That is such a wonderful photo! Weddings should be joyful ;)

Have a peaceful week, Kathy