Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey has invited us to join her and list of five things for which we are thankful.
1) I am thankful for mercies that are new every morning. Our Lord loves us so much and He gives us a new opportunities every day to live for Him and not ourselves. Thank you Lord!
2) I am thankful for our home. I believe that the Lord picked it out for us. Twenty-three years ago, we literally bought it sight unseen. Yes-did not see it before we bought it. My husband's dear father found it for us with our real estate agent (after another house bid fell through at the last minute). This was a week before we were to arrive from Nashville with four kids and a truck full of our belongings. We raised/(are still raising one of) our six children here. There are sweet memories in each and every room:) Thank you Lord- this is your house - help us to use it for hospitality and comfort for those who need it as you see fit...
3) I am thankful that our son Ben has recovered from the flu (probably H1N1) and that so far Lisa and little Sophia haven't come down with it. Thank you Lord for your protection.
4) I am thankful for our DIL Jess whose birthday is this week! She is a sweet loving wife to our son and a wonderful mother to little Sam. Sam's little brother is due in November:) Jess shows love and kindness to those around her with her sweet spirit and beautiful smile. Thank you Lord, for Jess's heart for you.
5) I am thankful for the cool, refreshing weather of Autumn. For the beautiful colors and cozy feelings it gives us. Thank you Lord for giving us the beautiful colors of nature and for painting our world with your love.
New season of my life. This is me holding Sam, our first grandchild back in Oct. 2007. "When a child is born, so are grandmothers." ~Judith Levy
So glad you stopped by. I am a Christian wife married to a wonderful husband. Mom of six--- and Grammy Sam, Sophia, Eli, Hazel, Emmett and Audrey! We have four married sons, four wonderful daughters-in-love, our youngest son, who just graduated from college, and our daughter who is in college. I enjoy sharing life experiences, recipes, good books, crafts, photos and homekeeping ideas. Just like in nature, our lives move in seasons and I look forward to sharing experiences and hearing about what is going on in your season of life. Come on in, kick off your shoes and sit for a while. You are always welcome here.