Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday







Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey has invited us to join her and list of five things for which we are thankful.





1) I am thankful for mercies that are new every morning. Our Lord loves us so much and He gives us a new opportunities every day to live for Him and not ourselves. Thank you Lord!

2) I am thankful for our home. I believe that the Lord picked it out for us. Twenty-three years ago, we literally bought it sight unseen. Yes-did not see it before we bought it. My husband's dear father found it for us with our real estate agent (after another house bid fell through at the last minute). This was a week before we were to arrive from Nashville with four kids and a truck full of our belongings. We raised/(are still raising one of) our six children here. There are sweet memories in each and every room:) Thank you Lord- this is your house - help us to use it for hospitality and comfort for those who need it as you see fit...

3) I am thankful that our son Ben has recovered from the flu (probably H1N1) and that so far Lisa and little Sophia haven't come down with it. Thank you Lord for your protection.

4) I am thankful for our DIL Jess whose birthday is this week! She is a sweet loving wife to our son and a wonderful mother to little Sam. Sam's little brother is due in November:) Jess shows love and kindness to those around her with her sweet spirit and beautiful smile. Thank you Lord, for Jess's heart for you.

5) I am thankful for the cool, refreshing weather of Autumn. For the beautiful colors and cozy feelings it gives us. Thank you Lord for giving us the beautiful colors of nature and for painting our world with your love.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

This is a wonderful list! Thank you for sharing all of it!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Linda! I love that your thankful list is centered around home and family!! My heart is there as well, and I think that makes God smile!

Thank you for your warm friendship and thoughtful ways!

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
Love ya,
Becky

BECKY said...

Oh and I can't believe how big Sophia is!! Where is the time going??
:o)
Becky

Anonymous said...

We have so much to be thankful for! I like your new fall blog background and the new pictures of your grandkids. Happy Fall!

Ashley ~ said...

I'm glad I stopped by today. I love you sharing your wonderful blessings with us. It reminds me to look around and count my own blessings. Thank you again*! _Ashley

lady m said...

We surely has been blessed! What a wonderful list you have Linda...all centered around those that you love and share your love for them with others...grandchildren, daughters in law...

grace & peace to you,

lady m

Elena said...

Hi Linda! I love your new blog design. So, perfect for fall:) That is great news that your son, Ben, recoved and his wife and baby did not get it. I always love your list. My husband says the key to a happy life is being thankful to the Lord for all we have. Your are a blessing and I am so thankful I have found you on the internet. Have a wonderful weekend! Love, Elena

Lisa Collier said...

There is a lot to be thankful for indeed! love you much!