Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook is the gracious host here.




For Today... January 18, 2010

Outside my window...Cloudy- they say that the sun might peek out this morning- we'll see... yesterday we woke to discover all the trees decorated beautifully with a coat of white. It didn't snow...but we had fog...it was frozen fog..so cool...literally:)

I am thinking... what a wonderful "birthday week" I've had! On Wednesday, my sweet husband took off half a day to be with me, and Nathan and Kristen brought dinner and spent the evening with us- so sweet:) On Sunday, Brooke,Tim, Jess and Daniel brought in lunch and we all got together again-( we missed having Kristen and Jonathan here-they had to work. And of course, Ben,Lisa, and Sophie are so far away). The girls and guys did everything- including cleanup- while I played with Sam and Eli! What a gift!!:)

I am thankful for... our sons and daughter and daughters-in-law who show us so much love. What a blessing they are!!

From the kitchen...there's one piece of birthday cake left that's calling my name today:)

I am wearing...jammies.

I am hoping...to get our tree down this week! Yes, it's still up:) - not lit, just up. But hey, Sam was DELIGHTED to see it when he came in the door yesterday!!That's enough for me. I joked with the kids that we'll leave it up and if the groundhog sees his shadow we'll keep it up for six more weeks:)--jk- take it easy ladies- I know some of you are freaking out out there;0) One thing you'll learn about me is that after raising six children, very little freaks me out:) okay except pulling teeth- never could do that!

I am hearing...the hum of the computer-- pretty quiet around here. Amanda is sleeping after a late night with her friends-MLK day today- so no classes.

I am remembering...how mom would make our favorite dinner and flavor of cake on our birthday each year. :) Thanks, Mom, for the great memories!

I am praying...for relief and safety for the people of Haiti. And for all the relief workers- thankful for their generous spirits and loving hearts.

Around the house...uh- taking the tree down:) and doing some sprucing up.

On my mind...what a great husband I have! So thankful for him.

One of my favorite things...a tiny baby's smile:)

A few plans for the rest of the week...hmmm...don't know yet-- except taking the tree down;)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...*when we were growing up, we always had our picture taken standing in front of either the door or the refrigerator, while holding our birthday cake. This was my 8th birthday...


Have a great week!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Happy belated birthday to you, Linda. I hope your week starts out great today and stays that way all week!

I enjoy reading your 'The Simple Woams's Daybook'! My DIL posts that sometimes, I may start doing it myself.

Smiles,
Carol

Lois Christensen said...

What a great photo of you! Love that you're holding the birthday cake as well. Hope you enjoyed your time with your family yesterday.

Elena said...

I am so glad you had a good birthday! Your picture is so cute with your cake. You are just a few days older than my sister. Her birthday is Jan. 31, 1953. Your tree being up made me smile. I hated taking down ours. The living room just looks so empty after I take it down. I'm sure in a few years Mary will be putting it up and down and I will be supervising from my recliner. Ha! Have a blessed week dear friend! Hugs, Elena

BECKY said...

You are too cute...then and now, Linda!! I always do the same for my kids! Such fun!

I think you should just keep your tree up until you are ready to take it down!! I had to take mine down because it was becoming crispy!! LOL!!

Hope you have a delightful week! I so appreciate you! So glad your birthday was full of good stuff!!
Happy belated birthday from your wacky Florida friend!!
Love and big hugs,
Becky