Monday, July 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook- July 20, 2009

Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook is on a well-deserved summer vacation. Ladies who want to join in a "summer daybook" can link up at Grandmother Wren's. Thank you Grandmother Wren!





For Today... July 20, 2009

Outside my window..More beautiful, sunny, pleasant weather for us this week - with scattered showers thrown in. We do need the rain.

I am thinking... about trying some new recipes with summer veggies.

I am thankful for...the time this summer that I can "hang out" with our daughter Amanda. I love her sense of humor and her soft heart. She is a great help to me here at home and a blessing.

From the kitchen... I am planning a menu for the week. There's a possibility that my sister and mom will come up for a visit this week! Grocery shopping later today...

I am wearing... pj's:)

I am hoping... that the teaching materials that I gave to a homeschooling friend will be a benefit to her daughter this summer.

I am hearing...it is very quiet, except for morning traffic outside. Right now I am not even hearing the birds chirping. They must be busy finding breakfast...

I am praying...a safe trip for Mom and Missy if they make the trip up, that our son Jonathan is not lonely this summer and finds some fun things to do along with his full time job- so thankful for that job! He is living in his college town apartment and working away from home this summer--growing up...and so it goes:)

Around the house... didn't get to the deck railing project-- and the intermittent rain forecasted throughout the week might hinder it for this week. Getting the house ready for company early this week and a co-ed wedding shower for Brooke and Tim next Sunday afternoon- the guys are invited too:)--should be fun. I am looking forward to seeing one particular "little guy"- Sam:)

One of my favorite things...fireflies, lightning bugs - whatever you call them in your area-- they make us all feel like kids again:) The memories of chasing them on the summer evenings of our youths... the "magic" of that blinking little bug...what a Creator we have!

A few plans for the rest of the week...spending time with Mom and Missy (if they come) and enjoying this pleasant weather. And getting ready for the shower:)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...*

Our little bathing beauty ready for the pool:)
We will get to be with her for the first time next month!
Hi Sophie:)


Have a wonderful week:)

8 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Oh she looks so adorable!! Hope you get the house together for the visits! Pass along the new recipes!

Elena said...

I love the picture of your granddaughter. She is soooo cute! I wished we had fireflies here on the West Coast! I know Mary would have so much fun chasing them. She does chase butterflies though:) How fun to have a coed shower for your son and his fiance! Have a blessed week dear sister! Love, Elena

Grandmother Wren said...

Miss Sophie is one of the prettiest sights I've seen this summer! Lucky you!

I'm hoping you have that visit with your Mother and sister...

Thank you for sharing your Daybook at Grandmother Wren's.

The Man Crew said...

Your grandchildren are precious! Can't wait to have some of my own to show off and brag about :) Thanks for sharing your daybook with us, always glad to take a peek into other ladies' lives...hee hee! Enjoy the baby shower and seeing your special little guy!
Blessings,
Kristy

lady m said...

Oh Linda, she looks adorable ;)

Thank you for sharing...

lady m

Missy said...

Aw, man. Now I feel like a real heel for not making the trip after reading how excited you were to see me--oh and mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Sophie is so adorable in her bathing suit! Looks like we'll have more sun this week. Enjoy the summer!

Ashley ~ said...

Just stopping by to say a big Thank You for the sweet comments and for your prayers.
((Big HUGS))) _Ashley*