Monday, July 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook- July 6, 2009

Peggy over at The Simple Woman's Daybook is on a well-deserved summer vacation. Ladies who want to join in a "summer daybook" can link up at Grandmother Wren's. Thank you Grandmother Wren!


I forgot to link this post with Grandmother Wren's this morning--I must have been sleepy:) Anyway-here we are tonight:)

For Today... July 6, 2009

Outside my window...beautiful sunny day-it looks like another great week of sunshine and very little rain this week!

I am thinking... how much fun we had yesterday. Our DIL's mom and young siblings are here visiting from Ohio- their first trip to Wisconsin. We had a great time grilling out and visiting with Nathan and Kristen and Kim and the kids- Lexie, Katey and Andrew!:)

I am thankful for... God's watchcare over our son Jonathan and his friend Josh when they had a flat tire on the way home from a music festival in Illinois- 4 hours away from home- on Saturday. They were kept safe, and roadside assistance arrived quickly. They were able to find a Super Walmart (it was a holiday and all other shops were closed) to buy and install a new tire- then get back on their way home. They arrived much later that expected, but safe and sound. I am also thankful for cell phones for these occasions!

From the kitchen... Probably no cooking today:) Leftovers from dinner on Sunday. We enjoyed our first sweetcorn of the year, and also some sweet watermelon, cantaloupe and blueberries. Hubby grilled some great hamburgers, hotdogs and brats!

I am wearing... pj's-yep!

I am hoping... to get some needed shopping and errands done early this week.

I am hearing...birds singing, and the traffic of people headed back to work this morning.

I am praying...provisions for extra expenses coming up and for guidance in a future venture.

Around the house... laundry, planting some flower pots. Replacing the finch feeder that our local squirrel destroyed- rascal.

One of my favorite things...hearing my childrens' laughter- no matter what their age:)

A few plans for the rest of the week..working with my flower pots on the deck, enjoying this beautiful summer weather!:)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...*

A picture from Amanda's graduation--
I call it "Jubilation!"!:)

(Amanda later told us that she kept her eye on her hat- she wanted it back!:)

5 comments:

Elena said...

Great picture! I remembering getting my hat back after I threw it up in the air:) I agree how wonderful the Lord watches over us. So, glad all turned out well. Your garden produce sounds wonderful! Take care dear friend. Love, Elena

Linda C said...

Elena,
Sorry-- I wasn't clear.. the corn,etc. was from the store. I waved the white flag on gardening years ago- the rabbits won:)

Zaroga said...

Great post. I can remember not throwing my hat.. uh 40 years ago. Robes and hat were rented. We got to keep the tassel. :-)

lady m said...

Oh the picture shows so much joy...such a sense of achievement!

lady m

Lois Christensen said...

I love the picture and how you named it! Glad your son and his friend were okay! And yes, it wouldn't be a Monday reading your blog without seeing you were still in your pj's!! Love that! Because, I'm usually still in mine when I'm reading your blog!!! Enjoy your day!