Sonya at Truth 4 The Journey has invited us to join her and list of five things for which we are thankful.
1) I am thankful for how faithful God is to lift me up when I get to thinking too much about me. That's usually when I have a tendency to get down. Today He used a fellow blogger to touch my heart with a video to remind me how my life is about Him and what He wants for my life . How much He loves me and wants me to let Him lead my life and then things will be so much better for it.
2) I am thankful for those generations of faith who came before us. And now our family is living in the benefits of knowing Christ. That seed has been passed on. In knowing that what we do each day, the decisions we make, will affect our children, and grandchildren and their grandchildren... Psalm 102:18 "Let this be written that a future generation, that a people not yet created, may praise the Lord." Again, it's not about me...
3) I am thankful for those who have a heart of encouragement. There is so much tearing down in the world today-- everyone needs to be lifted up now and then.
4) I am thankful for the time that we had with our kids last Sunday. A shower for Brooke and Tim ( a coed shower:) was held at our house. The guys weren't sure about coming to a shower, but I think they enjoyed it, too:) And of course, Grammy and Papa love any time spent with Sam. He is talking in short sentences now and is so fun.
5) I am thankful for the circle of friends that Tim and Brooke have to support them. At the shower, we were invited to petition the Lord in prayer for them and their upcoming marriage. I was brought to tears while listening to, and agreeing with the blessings and petitions for Tim and Brooke. These are young friends (& Tim's siblings also), some single, and others who are newly married themselves--had scriptural wisdom of what the Lord intends for a marriage that just overwhelmed me.-- hearing their sweet blessings and guidance for the serious responsibilities that come with being a husband or a wife seeking to live for Christ. As one of their friends said, "Lord, you invented marriage..." Anyway, it touched this mother's heart.
Brooke and Tim reading messages on cards and opening gifts. Their big day is a little more that two weeks away.
New season of my life. This is me holding Sam, our first grandchild back in Oct. 2007. "When a child is born, so are grandmothers." ~Judith Levy
So glad you stopped by. I am a Christian wife married to a wonderful husband. Mom of six--- and Grammy Sam, Sophia, Eli, Hazel, Emmett and Audrey! We have four married sons, four wonderful daughters-in-love, our youngest son, who just graduated from college, and our daughter who is in college. I enjoy sharing life experiences, recipes, good books, crafts, photos and homekeeping ideas. Just like in nature, our lives move in seasons and I look forward to sharing experiences and hearing about what is going on in your season of life. Come on in, kick off your shoes and sit for a while. You are always welcome here.